Thursday, February 29, 2024

Starting Over

 

I've got some good news and bad news, mostly bad. I was able to get Daz Studio 3 running again. Unfortunately none of my scene files will load properly. All my custom character poses and lighting presets are gone! Right now I'm just trying to salvage the character models. So far I've got Kimberly and Claire to load in Daz4 mostly intact. Lisa's hair is giving me problems. I think I can save most of the characters, but some changes will need to be made. Daz3 may not be useable anymore, which is damn shame, an excellent piece of software when it worked properly. Daz4 while more advanced, is SO bloated and user unfriendly it takes three times longer to build a scene, my content is scattered all over the place, and half the time won't load. Loading Lisa's hair causes Daz4 to crash. 

Basically everything I've built has been wiped out, and I'm having to start over again. For those of you awaiting the next chapter of the comic, I apologize but any future updates are canceled as of this moment. I will probably publish the half-complete chapter 6 at some point. 
So what was the good news? - The good news is I'm not quitting 3D. And I'm taking this opportunity to go back to square one and start something entirely new. Whatever this new thing is, I'll be sure to bring the old characters along, I'm too attached to let them go. That pretty much sums up the situation. Thank You everybody whose followed the blog all this time, you've been very supportive. I'll try to post regular updates. 


2 comments:

  1. What I want to do is some kind of "spinoff" from the original comics. Things have been moving in that direction anyway, it's been difficult to write for all the new characters I keep introducing. That's why I'm not totally devastated by this, if anything it's giving me a chance to start fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey. Glad to see you are not quitting 3D. I like how those images look, so I welcome any improvements Daz4 may have to offer.
    Also good to know the old characters are not going anywhere. Would be a shame to not see more of Lisa and her tiny adventures. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete